Bass Lake Ranch & Lodge
Have you ever wanted to vacation within your own Nature Reserve? Bass Lake Ranch & Lodge is located approx. 25 mins east of Peterborough (1.5 hrs drive from Toronto), Ontario.
Situated within a private (600 acre) nature reserve, the Private Lake (approx. 40 acres) will make you not want to go home… Whether you want to walk the miles of nature trails, wander the many streams on the property or swim & fish (Trophy Bass & Pan Fish), your days will be filled with Joy and endless good times.
Our Heirloom chickens provide fresh eggs daily and the kids will be smitten when they eat from their hands within the free range enclosure.
Our on-site staff can provide meals & purchase groceries (pricing to be determined based on your preferences) or you are welcome to self-cater and use the fully stocked kitchen.
With accommodations for up to 13 people within the two cottages, friends and family have plenty of space to enjoy all that the property has to offer.
Other activities on the property include: ATV & Dirt Bike trails, Horseback Riding, Horseshoes, Hiking trails, Catch & Release Fishing, Birdwatching, Canoeing, Kayaking.
We have apple orchards and an organic vegetable garden that can be enjoyed throughout your stay.
You will also find Tesla electric car charging on the grounds for your convenience. Bring your adapter if required.
This summer we’re making a lot of improvements on the property and our staff will be around, but if you want complete privacy it can be arranged so you can enjoy your time there to yourselves.
– Main lodge has 3 bedrooms, one with a king bed & twin bunks, the other two bedrooms have queen beds. Can easily sleep eight.
– Bunky has a queen bed with a bunkbed for extra guests that need to crash
– A/C is in both the cottage & bunky. Bedrooms have ceiling fans
– Housekeeping and turn down service is available if desired – Ask us about this service
– Our onsite staff can purchase groceries for your stay, all you have to do is show up! Ask us about this! Chef & catered meals are also available – Ask us about this service
– BBQ and commercial smoker available for your use for those feasts
– You will also find electric car charging on the grounds for your convenience.
Things to do at The Ranch
You can enjoy a ton of outdoor activities:
– ATV & Dirt Bike Trails
– Catch & Release Fishing in the lake, river & stream on the property
– Canoeing, Kayaking, Paddle boarding, Walking trails, Horseback Riding, Horseshoes
– Grazing pastures for livestock
Catch & Release Fishing
– Private lake (40 acres) filled with Large Mouth Bass, Perch, Sunfish
– We also have Trout fishing in the river & stream on the property
– Bass literally jump in the boat!
– Lake is partially open water and partially lily pads
– If you want to try more fishing while you’re here, 2km away is Round Lake which has Musky and Pickerel
Guided hunting packages are available for the following:
– Pheasant, Chucker, Woodcock and Wild Turkey, Deer, Bear, Coyote
– Duck and Canada Goose hunting with multiple permanent blinds throughout the lake can be scheduled
– The Ranch is pet friendly and great for hunters with bird dogs
Firearms and discharging are not permitted on the property unless taking part in a guided hunt.
Guided hunting are only available during applicable seasons…